Welcome Message

The Tales of a Fifth Grade Social Studies Teacher

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rockin' Into a New Year

I am so excited out about our fifth grade theme for this year - MUSIC!!!! After a lot of pondering and brainstorming I have finally come up with my classroom welcome sign. Here it is... drumroll please....

"Welcome to Social Studies, Where Every Kid Can Be a Rockstar!"

This will be my social studies theme for the year. I think it will not only be exciting for the kids, but also fits my educational philosophy. It is my goal that EVERY child that enters my social studies classroom will succeed! My students will get the best of me and I will expect the best of them. My kids will hear me say all year long that ANYONE can be successful as long as they are willing to put out the needed effort. I will promise my kiddos that I will give them my best effort and will explain to them that I expect their best effort in return.

It is my goal this year that all of my students will be Social Studies Rockstars!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks great and I wish I was going to be there to experience your Music themed year!!

    ReplyDelete